Welcome to the blog of Sam Morgan, a designer/maker based in london and the face behind Spinifex. He produces eco-friendly furniture and products for the home. Please feel free to post any feedback on spinifex, furniture, materials or anything else you wish to talk about.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Vilankulos

I'm enjoying life in Vilankulos on the mainland by Bazaruto where I hope to go snorkelling with some of the guys I've met on route.

After leaving Maputo at 5:30 in the morning (Africa rises with the sun unlike most of us lazy westerners) I headed for Tofo where I met two groups of people from Nelspruit, SA. I chilled out there for a while but the backpackers was a SA haunt and treated as a disco by the sea. I've moved on since through Inhambane (a beautiful colonial/modernist town) to Vilankulos. The roads are a little pot-holed in places but better than the rest of Africa so I'm told. The mosquitoes have had more than their fair share of me (Maputo and Inhambane being the worst).
The internet here is less available, slower and more exspensive so I'll try and write when possible.

Hope everyone is well?

Sam

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Morgan said...

Hi Sam - the islands where you are sound wonderful, hope the snorkelling is good. You've travelled huge distances, are you on local buses? The dhows look good to travel on. We're just back from Netherlands, reached one of the Wadden Islands and parts few Brits seem to go!
Take very good care, love Mum xxx

3:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home