Welcome to the blog of Sam Morgan, a designer/maker based in london and the face behind Spinifex. He produces eco-friendly furniture and products for the home. Please feel free to post any feedback on spinifex, furniture, materials or anything else you wish to talk about.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Day 18

Sorry I've not written anything in a while. I've been a little ill (and still not top-notch) plus it's difficult to find good internet connections. Having said that there are enough of them, they're just slow. Thinking about it that kind of sums up my view of india. Anything is available it just won't be brand new or the type you wanted. Everything works, just.

I've been through Khajuraho, Varanasi and Bodhgaya since I last wrote. All spectacular in their own way. Varanasi is an amazing place. The ghats (steps that lead to the Ganga river) really bring home the strength of the faith in this country. My personal view of the riverside is that it needs major restoration and the river is seriously polluted but that dosen't stop people jumping in first thing in the morning to bathe in the holy waters. I believe there view is that holy water can't be polluted and the river will wash all rubbish and sewage away. They believe in religion not science. The old town is brilliant. Lots of tiny lanes and small stalls selling everything.

I am now in Darjeeling and still to explore. I'll update you all later (when I next find a fast connection).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home