Welcome to the blog of Sam Morgan, a designer/maker based in london and the face behind Spinifex. He produces eco-friendly furniture and products for the home. Please feel free to post any feedback on spinifex, furniture, materials or anything else you wish to talk about.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Day 27 (final day)

Ok, The final day is almost drawing to a close. I still have tomorrow to fly home but I don't class that as a day of seeing anything except the insides of two airports and an aeroplane.

I saw more of Athen's fine discoverys today. I'm surprised how fine most of the pottery and jewelery is. They were able to replicate (batch produce) things to a very high standard.

Well, on reflection I've enjoyed it all (except the late night border crossings). The fact I crossed so many borders (as opposed to last time in India) has shown me the similarities and differences between different nations. But, I have to say I've learnt nationality is your passport, You are whoever you are and part of something much larger than the borders that contain you. They only exist as a mechanism to allow a system of control. If we didn't feel we were so different (because of these lines drawn in the sand) we would I hope all get along as a civilised planet.

I'll try and bring the sun back with me but I doubt they'll let me take it on the plane. Keep your eyes on this page for updates of future Spinifex events

Thanks for reading

Sam
Spinifex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home