Welcome to the blog of Sam Morgan, a designer/maker based in london and the face behind Spinifex. He produces eco-friendly furniture and products for the home. Please feel free to post any feedback on spinifex, furniture, materials or anything else you wish to talk about.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Day 5

Hello again,

I'm still freezing but that's ok because I'm in Budapest. I'm here after leaving Krakow and passing through Kosice (Slovakia). Kosice is small but beautiful and suprisingly quiet. It doesn't have the big attractions but it does have the architecture and alot of promise. My reward for discovering this attractive little place was a two hour wait in the train station until the sun rose and then a three hour trek to find accomodation. My own fault I guess for not booking ahead but I didn't expect to be befriended by some local drunks!

Budapest seems fantastic but I haven't seen that much. The house of terror is quite shocking. It charts the displacement of facism with communism and how both crippled the country and killed millions. After seeing such horrors I'm hoping the sun will come out tomorrow and sparkle off the Danube.

There'll be more to come

Sam
Spinifex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home